This job posting is no longer active.
Posting Begin Date: 2024/02/12
Posting End Date: 2024/02/24
Category: Accounting and Finance
Work Type: Full Time
Location: Boise, ID, United States
Minimum Salary: 29.50
Maximum Salary: 29.50
Pay Rate Type: Hourly
The Idaho Workforce Development Council is seeking an individual who will embrace our agency values, have excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills, a positive attitude, is organized, and has impeccable attention to detail.
· Process grant disbursements including: validate vendors to ensure they are able to receive payments; maintain information in grant management platform to ensure it performs validations against controls; review and approve batch transactions, journal entries and adjustments for coding, compliance and accuracy; assist with cash flow modeling, budget analysis and spending; prepare monthly financial reports for program.
· Provide guidance to technical record specialists and administrative personnel who respond to customer service calls and inquiries and are involved in receiving invoices and processing payments for Idaho LAUNCH.
· Provide backup for agency fiscal manager when out of the office in all aspects of agency financial management including payroll.
This class is the first of six levels of professional accounting-related classes. Incumbents perform professional level duties involving accounting, auditing, budgeting, financial analysis, and/or financial reporting. Contact with individuals outside the agency to explain financial business practices, respond to inquiries, and resolve professional accounting/auditing problems can vary. Incumbents in these positions may supervise or provide guidance to or train other professional or support staff.
* Minimum Qualifications: Good knowledge of: Accounting principles and practices
MQ Specialties: Some positions may require auditing coursework or experience working as an auditor.
· Highly developed Microsoft Excel skills.
· Strong understanding of how to apply internal controls.
· Experience working with multi-million-dollar programs.
· Strong problem-solving skills.
The State of Idaho is committed to providing equal employment opportunities and prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, political affiliation or belief, sex, national origin, genetics, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws.
The State of Idaho is committed to access and reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities, auxiliary aids and services are available upon request. If you require an accommodation at any step in our recruitment process, you are encouraged to contact (208) 334-2263 (TTY/TTD: 711), or email [email protected].
Preference may be given to veterans who qualify under state and federal laws and regulations.