This job posting is no longer active.
Posting Begin Date: 2024/02/06
Posting End Date: 2024/02/13
Sub Category: Natural Resources
Work Type: Full Time
Location: Twin Falls, ID, United States
Minimum Salary: 27.81
Maximum Salary: 27.81
Pay Rate Type: Hourly
"Serving consumers and agriculture by safeguarding the public, plants, animals and the environment through promotion, education and regulation."
The Idaho State Department of Agriculture is currently recruiting for an Ag Inv Sr- Dairy Plant Inspector in the Twin Falls office.
This Agriculture Investigator, Sr. opening is being recruited as an under-fill for an Agriculture Program Specialist position. Once the successful candidate meets the minimum requirements for the Dairy Processing Plant Ag. Program Specialist position, they will become an Ag. Program Specialist and their pay rate will be changed to the Ag. Program Specialist starting pay rate.
This announcement will close at 4:59 p.m. on February 13, 2024.
Example of Duties:
Dairy Processing Plant Inspections
· Pasteurizer Timings
· Sanitation Inspections
· Sampling (finished product and raw product)
· Review plant inspections and pasteurizer timings made by the dairy staff
· Plant design, equipment reviews and approval
State Rating Officer (Upon receiving proper credentials)
· Conduct State BTU farm ratings for IMS compliance
· Conduct State plant ratings for IMS compliance
Bulk Hauler Inspection
· Test and evaluate bulk haulers, tankers and equipment
Farm Sanitation, Animal Welfare, Odor, Dead Animal Disposition
· Schedule and conduct farm inspections
· Respond to complaints
A cell phone with an Idaho area code, furnished by the employee, is required for this position and is eligible for reimbursement under the Cell Phone Reimbursement policy.
Minimum Qualifications: This qualification is a mandatory requirement.
· Experience writing narrative reports
Specialty Areas: These qualifications are mandatory requirements.
· This position requires a valid driver's license
· Good knowledge of processing plants
Desired Area: This qualification is not mandatory but may increase your overall score:
· Good understanding of processing plants, with a preference for those with experience in Dairy processing plants
BEST RETIREMENT AVAILABLE IN THE NATION
We have one of the Nation's best state retirement systems (PERSI) that offers a lifetime benefit.
OTHER EXCELLENT BENEFITS
· Excellent medical, dental and vision insurance
· Generous vacation and sick leave accrual beginning as soon as you start
· 11 paid holidays a year
· Paid parental leave
· Multiple retirement savings plans, optional 401K, and optional 457
· Basic life insurance for employee and family (employee covered at one times annual salary; spouse covered at $10,000; child covered at $5,000)
· Wellness programs
· Ongoing training opportunities
· An opportunity for student loan forgiveness
The State of Idaho is committed to providing equal employment opportunities and prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, political affiliation or belief, sex, national origin, genetics, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Preference may be given to veterans who qualify under state and federal laws and regulations.
The State of Idaho is committed to access and reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities; auxiliary aids and services are available upon request. If you require an accommodation at any step in our recruitment process, you are encouraged to contact (208) 334-2263 (TTY/TTD: 711), or email [email protected].
Thank you for your interest in the Department of Agriculture!
If you have questions,
please contact us at:
[email protected] or at (208) 332-8520