Posting Begin Date: 2024/02/06
Posting End Date: 2024/03/04
Category: Accounting and Finance
Sub Category: Administration
Work Type: Full Time
Location: Boise, ID, United States
Minimum Salary: 24.92
Maximum Salary: 32.40
Pay Rate Type: Hourly
STATE OF IDAHO
Human Resource Office (HRO)
State Personnel Branch
4794 General Manning Avenue, Building 442
Boise, Idaho 83705-8112
Telephone: (208) 801-4273
STATE VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
Registers established from this announcement may remain valid up to one year to fill vacancies within the same classification.
ANNOUNCEMENT NUMBER: 24-12-MN-TEMP
AREA OF CONSIDERATION: Restricted to current enlisted members of the Idaho National Guard; or those willing to enlist. (Military membership is a condition of employment)
POSITION TITLE: Accounting Technician
PAY GRADE: NGA-8
POSITION CONTROL NUMBER: TBD
CLASS CODE: 95000 (20226)
SALARY RANGE: $24.92 to $32.40 hourly ($51,830 to $67,384 annually) - Starting Pay typically is at Step 1, $24.92/hour
FLSA CODE: Covered
DUTY LOCATION: Idaho Military Division, State Accounting Office, Boise, Idaho, Gowen Field - not remote
TYPE OF POSITION: Military Nonclassified; Army or Air; Enlisted; Temporary/Benefitted (This is a temporary appointment. Initial appointment will not exceed 1385 hours in a rolling 12-month period. Based on available/on-going funds and/or availability of vacant FTP/PCN, selectee may convert to Regular or Limited Service Appointment status without further competition if selected for a permanent position in job classification 20226 within 1 year.)
COMPATIBLE MILITARY FIELD: Not Applicable
The HRO State Personnel Branch will not forward non-qualifying or incomplete application packets for consideration – ensure to attach all required information as specified below. PLEASE READ THE ENTIRE ANNOUNCEMENT BEFORE APPLYING.
Applications will be accepted through 4:59 PM MST on the posting end date.
State of Idaho Employees: When searching for a new career within the state, browse and apply through Luma Opportunities. Applying through the State External Career website will cause duplicate profiles and will slow the processing of your application for a new job. Internal candidates should always use Luma Opportunities.
YOUR APPLICATION PACKET MUST INCLUDE:
MILITARY DIVISION MANDATORY QUESTIONS:
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: Applicants must attach to their application individual responses addressing each requirement separately.
Mandatory Requirements (conditions of employment) Provide the requested information, address your willingness and ability to meet the applicable condition and/or how you meet the requirement.
Provide your individual responses in an attachment to your application addressing each requirement (1-3) separately.
(1) Must be an enlisted member of the Idaho National Guard or willing to enlist in the Idaho National Guard. Provide your military grade, job title, MOS/AFSC and unit of assignment. If you are not currently a member, identify if you are in another state NG and willing to interstate transfer to Idaho; if you are not; provide response on your willingness and ability to join the Idaho National Guard.
(2) Must have and maintain a valid and unrestricted state issued driver’s license (from any state). Provide your driver’s license number, issuing state, license expiration date, and the full name specified on the license. (Do not provide a copy of your driver’s license.)
(3) Must have, or be eligible to obtain, and maintain a favorable ANACI/T3 (SECRET) Federal Background Investigation. If a selected candidate does not have a current favorable ANACI/T3, as a condition of employment he/she must submit to the investigation process immediately upon hire/appointment. (At a minimum, a favorable suitability determination by the State Security Manager is required prior to appointment into this position.)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
Applicants must have 18-months of specialized experience performing related to the duties as specified below. In your detailed, individualized responses describe your civilian and military education, training, and work experience as it relates to each KSA that demonstrated your related experience. KSA responses assist in verifying your qualifications and determining the best-qualified applicants.
Provide your individual responses in an attachment to your application addressing each requirement (1-5) separately.
(1) Knowledge and ability to make sure that expenditures comply with authorized budget amounts, administrative restrictions, and proper accounting structure.
(2) Knowledge and ability to reconcile financial transactions.
(3) Skill in providing customer service.
(4) Skill and ability to use automated accounting and reporting systems, automated accounting equipment, and common software applications such as Excel and query reporting programs.
(5) Knowledge of accounts payable duties.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES: Refer to the position description below.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
a. Each person hired will be required to provide verification of eligibility to work in the United States and may be subject to a criminal background check.
b. Refer to the position description for the Mandatory Requirements for this position.
c. Military Nonclassified employees are required to comply with military standards and wear the appropriate uniform.
d. Must be an enlisted member of the Idaho National Guard. Loss of military membership or compatible military grade/status will result in loss of employment.
e. The State of Idaho, Military Division is an Equal Opportunity employer. Selection for this position will be made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), genetic information, political affiliation, marital status, and disability or age (which does not interfere with job accomplishment or job eligibility based upon the position description Mandatory Requirements). Appropriate consideration shall be given to veterans in accordance with applicable state and federal laws and regulations.
PERSONNEL MANAGER CERTIFICATION: The title, series, grade, duties and responsibilities are complete and accurate as written and a current or projected vacancy exists as advertised.
Gloria A. Duncan
Supervisory Human Resource Specialist
Military Division – State Personnel Branch
Applications accepted online only (State employees should apply after logging in to Luma). If you are unable to apply online, please contact the HRO office by phone 208-801-4273/4276 or email [email protected] or [email protected] to discuss alternative options.
Thank you for your interest in employment with the Idaho Military Division.
By submitting your application, you are certifying all answers and statements are true and complete to the best of your knowledge. You understand that should an investigation disclose untruthful or misleading answers, your application may be rejected, name removed from consideration, or employment with the State terminated.
JOB TITLE: ACCOUNTING TECHNICIAN
TEMPORARY GROUP POSITION
SALARY GRADE: NGA-8
INTRODUCTION: This temporary position is assigned to the State Accounting/Resource Office (SAO), functioning within the State of Idaho – Military Division. The primary purpose of this position is to provide analysis, validation, reconciliation, and processing of accounting transactions involving the full range of accounting services associated with obligations and disbursements for the Idaho Military Division (IMD).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Performs independent in-depth review, analysis, and reconciliations of inter-related accounting transactions using multiple computer file systems, using multiple procedures, processes and techniques to evaluate accuracy and compliance to both State and Federal fiscal accounting regulations and policies.
2. Utilizes experience, judgment and guidelines to fill in gaps, identify sources of information, and make working suppositions about what transpired to decide approaches and resolve specific problems. Suggests specific changes to guidelines, development and interpretation of control mechanisms, additional training for customers, and specific guidance related to the procedural handling of documents and information used within the IMD.
3. Performs research regarding many different and unrelated processes and methods relating to accounts payable invoices, statements, obligations and fiscal reconciliations. Reconstructs inaccurate accounts, gathers and organizes information for inquiries, and resolves problems referred by managers, employees and customers.
4. Analyzes particular facts of fiscal transaction problems/issues; verifies, evaluates and interprets considerable amounts of data; and obtains additional information to reconcile discrepancies or inconsistencies.
5. Based on research and analysis, interprets accuracy and validity of accounting transactions that are obligated or payable. If adjustments are determined to be needed, recommends transactions and/or processes to correct the problem.
6. Utilizes related financial regulations, policies and rulings covering diverse types of transactions to function as a technical authority for resolving an extensive range of accounts payable transaction issues or problems.
7. Responds to requests for assistance/information from multiple sources by providing excellent, knowledgeable customer service to IMD employees, supervisors/managers, budget analysts/technicians and purchasing/contracting personnel; personnel of other state agencies; and vendors. Trains customers on pay and travel entitlements and associated systems, processes and reports.
8. Performs varied duties involving various accounting transactions to include processing of obligations, accounts payable, reconciliations, purchase card (P-Card) purchases and travel.
9. Promotes a respectful workplace that complies with policies of the Adjutant General. Observes and ensures compliance with all applicable laws, rules, regulations and policies and serves as a role model for the Whistleblower Protection Program, EEO, security and workplace safety practices, policies and regulations at all times. Maintains a safe and drug/alcohol free workplace.
10. Performs other related duties and projects as necessary or assigned.
SUPERVISORY CONTROLS: Work is performed under general supervision of the Senior Accountant who assigns work by providing standing instructions on the necessary objectives and priorities, and provides guidance for unusually difficult situations. The employee independently processes the procedural and technical tasks and actions and handles problems and any deviations in accordance with instructions, policies, previous training and accepted practices. The supervisor evaluates completed work for overall technical proficiency and conformance to system and regulatory requirements. Supervisor reviews work by performing a sampling for results and conformity to established requirements and deadlines.
PERSONAL WORK CONTACTS: The incumbent has daily contact with supervisors and employees of the Idaho Military Division/Idaho National Guard. The incumbent works closely with Cooperative Agreement Program Managers and Budget Analysts, Idaho Office of Emergency Management (IOEM) Finance Section, Public Safety Communications (PSC), Purchasing and Contracting Office (PCO), and the State Controller’s Office (SCO). The incumbent may work with outside vendors. The purpose of contacts may involve obtaining cooperation in submitting source documents or other necessary information, requesting other personnel correct errors in documentation or data entry, assisting others in locating information, or preparing for and responding to audits and internal control checklists.
WORK CONDITIONS/ PHYSICAL EFFORT: The majority of work is sedentary and performed in a well-lit, climate-controlled, professionally-configured office environment. Work may require occasional lifting of light items such as office equipment, files or supplies up to 25 pounds.
FLSA Overtime Code: C (Covered; time and one-half)
EEOC: E07 (Office/Clerical)
The State of Idaho offers a robust total compensation package, including medical, vision, and dental insurance; PERSI retirement benefits; paid sick, vacation, and parental leave; and 11 paid holidays per year. For additional information related to benefits and/or State programs, please visit https://dhr.idaho.gov/StateEmployees/Benefits.html.*
The State of Idaho is committed to providing equal employment opportunities and prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, political affiliation or belief, sex, national origin, genetics, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws.
The State of Idaho is committed to access and reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities, auxiliary aids and services are available upon request. If you require an accommodation at any step in our recruitment process, you are encouraged to contact (208) 334-2263 (TTY/TTD: 711), or email [email protected].
Preference may be given to veterans who qualify under state and federal laws and regulations.
*Benefits may not be applicable for temporary or seasonal positions.