DEDICATED TO STRENGTHENING THE HEALTH, SAFETY, AND INDEPENDENCE OF IDAHOANS
People Making a Difference!
***THIS ANNOUNCEMENT WILL BE OPEN UNTIL FILLED. APPLICANTS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY AS SOON AS POSSIBLE TO BE CONSIDERED.
Be part of the modernization of IT in the Department of Health and Welfare and improve the service delivery to the people of Idaho by using your skills to lead a team with new technology, processes, and vision. Be the change and foster it through your skills and experience. This IT Manager Position with the AppDev teams will guide the transformation of the teams and the AppDev workgroup.
This position requires residency in Idaho. If relocating to Idaho, the Department of Health & Welfare does not reimburse the cost of relocating. The department does not sponsor anyone with a work visa.
BEST RETIREMENT AVAILABLE IN THE NATION
We have one of the Nation's best state retirement systems (PERSI) that offers a lifetime benefit.
OTHER EXCELLENT BENEFITS
- excellent medical, dental and vision insurance- (full-time/30+ hours per week) employee only coverage for PPO $65/month for medical and vision & $11.80/month for dental
- generous vacation and sick leave accrual beginning as soon as you start
- 11 paid holidays a year
- paid parental leave
- multiple savings plans, optional 401K, and optional 457
- basic life insurance for employee and family (employee covered at one times annual salary; spouse covered at $10,000; child covered at $5,000)
- wellness programs
- ongoing training opportunities
- an opportunity for student loan forgiveness
- and more!
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES:
- Responsible for the direct management of the AppDev staff, delegation of work and timely completion of assignments.
- Assesses projects requested by business units, determines viability, approach, outcomes, and resource commitment.
- Prioritizes, organizes, and manages multiple initiatives.
- Enforces and champions best practices, code reviews, test automation EOL and plan migration and modernization.
- Fosters and cultivates working relationships with internal and external business partners.
- Prepares and oversees project phases, plans, schedules, and cost estimates
- Hires staff, sets priorities, evaluates performance, and assesses staff training needs.
- Understands fiscal responsibility.
You must possess all the minimum qualifications below to pass the exam for this position. Please make sure your resume or work history supports your meeting the minimum qualifications for this position. Failure to do this may disqualify you from being considered for this position. It is highly recommended to attach a one-page cover letter to your application to demonstrate how you meet the requirements below.
- Good knowledge of management practices. Typically requires at least two years of experience performing all management elements AND completion of at least two upper division college courses or equivalent training (of more than one day) that included all the essential elements of management OR completion of a Bachelor’s degree in IT Management or closely related field.
- Considerable knowledge of current trends in information technology; computer hardware and software capabilities and limitations. Typically requires at least five years of experience in the information technology (IT) field within the last ten years OR successful completion of a Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or closely related field AND one year of work experience in the information technology (IT) field within the last ten years OR successful completion of a Master’s degree in Information Technology or closely related field.
- Experience supervising the staff and activities of an IT function. Typically requires at least three years of experience supervising professional IT staff at a level equivalent to an IT Manager or IT Supervising Systems Analyst/Systems Programmer. Duties include hiring, coaching, training, evaluating, counseling, etc. Please note that leadwork experience is non-qualifying.
- Experience participating in short-and long-range IT planning including developing and implementing policies and procedures. Typically requires at least two years of experience in short and long-range planning including developing and implementing policies and procedures. Experience should have included analyzing trends, identifying patterns and forecasting IT needs and developing applicable policies and procedures.
Below is preferred experience. It is not required for the position but applicants with this experience may receive consideration over other applicants.
- Experience in vendor and partner management skills including vendor selection, contracting and contract management, skills evaluation, and development of clear deliverables through statements of work. Typically gained by at least three years of professional experience.
- Experience with leading and growing direct report technical leads and managers through mentoring, leadership examples, and hands on interaction with teams. Typically gained by at least three years of professional experience.
- Experience using strong organizational skills providing the ability to manage multiple projects and strategy development at the same time. Typically gained by at least three years of professional experience.
- Experience providing thought leadership and change management skills that both excite and drive teams to modern technologies and life-cycle practices. Typically gained by at least three years of professional experience.
Learn About a Career with DHW
***PLEASE NOTE: application assistance is not available after the business hours listed below, on the weekends, or on holidays and you must apply before 4:59 pm on the closing date. When applying, use CHROME as your browser to avoid complications.
If you have questions, please contact us at:
Email is the quickest way to get an answer to your questions.
(answered Monday through Friday during business hours MST)
EMAIL: [email protected]
PHONE: (208) 334-0681
The State of Idaho is committed to providing equal employment opportunities and prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, political affiliation or belief, sex, national origin, genetics, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws.
The State of Idaho is committed to access and reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities, auxiliary aids and services are available upon request. If you require an accommodation at any step in our recruitment process, you are encouraged to contact (208) 334-2263 (TTY/TTD: 711), or email [email protected].
Preference may be given to veterans who qualify under state and federal laws and regulations.