DEDICATED TO STRENGTHENING THE HEALTH, SAFETY, AND INDEPENDENCE OF IDAHOANS
People Making a Difference!
***THIS ANNOUNCEMENT WILL BE OPEN UNTIL FILLED. APPLICANTS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY AS SOON AS POSSIBLE TO BE CONSIDERED.
We are seeking a IT Software Engineer III position at our office in Boise Idaho. This position will provide software development services within the IT Custom Delivery software development team, developing a wide range of applications in support of agency missions.
The selected individual must possess an in-depth knowledge of mainstream software development methods within a variety of development environments to produce quality software applications and tools. This position will be an expert in software development, deployment and management, including the ability to create and maintain extensive software documentation and interpret user and system requirements to produce professional level software.
If relocating to Idaho, the Department of Health & Welfare does not reimburse the cost of relocating. The department does not sponsor anyone with a work visa.
BEST RETIREMENT AVAILABLE IN THE NATION
We have one of the Nation's best state retirement systems (PERSI) that offers a lifetime benefit.
OTHER EXCELLENT BENEFITS
- excellent medical, dental and vision insurance- (full-time/30+ hours per week) employee only coverage for PPO $65/month for medical and vision & $11.80/month for dental
- generous vacation and sick leave accrual beginning as soon as you start
- 11 paid holidays a year
- paid parental leave
- multiple savings plans, optional 401K, and optional 457
- basic life insurance for employee and family (employee covered at one times annual salary; spouse covered at $10,000; child covered at $5,000)
- wellness programs
- ongoing training opportunities
- an opportunity for student loan forgiveness
- and more!
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES:
- Develop and deliver .Net software applications from complex requirements documentation to meet agency and business needs.
- Analyze and troubleshoot software problems which involves investigating and resolving software defects, performance issues, and security vulnerabilities.
- Implement security measures in software applications that includes designing, testing and implementing security features such as authentication, authorization, and encryption.
- Write and maintain software documentation that describes the software's functionality, architecture, and usage.
- Manage software deployments, upgrade, and troubleshoot software applications.
- Develop, produce, and maintain source code, development documentation, software requirement documents, and work within the software development process.
- Stay up-to-date on the latest software development technologies and trends which requires reading industry publications, attending conferences, and taking online courses to stay up-to-date on the latest trends in software development.
- Mentor and train junior software engineers helping them to learn the ropes and develop their skills.
- Develop software tools and a variety of scripts to create efficiencies and automate processes.
- Undertake code reviews with piers prior to releasing code.
You must possess all the minimum qualifications below to pass the exam for this position. Please make sure your resume or work history supports your meeting the minimum qualifications for this position. Failure to do this may disqualify you from being considered for this position. It is highly recommended to attach a one-page cover letter to your application to demonstrate how you meet the requirements below.
- Considerable knowledge of data architecture, software architecture, common software design patterns, development, and testing practices. Typically requires at least a bachelor's degree in information technology discipline or equivalent from an accredited college AND at least two years of work experience using data architecture, software architecture, common software design patterns, development, and testing practices OR a master's degree in an information technology discipline or equivalent from an accredited college OR at least five years of work experience using data architecture, software architecture, common software design patterns, development, and testing practices.
- Considerable knowledge of programming languages and software development tool suites. Typically requires at least one course of classroom instruction at an accredited college or vocational-tech level directly related to at least one programming language and software development tool suites AND at least 18 months of work experience using programming languages and software development tools.
- Experience creating, interpreting and documenting user requirements. Typically requires at least two years of work experience on more than one development project.
- Experience analyzing development solutions to show costs and benefits. Typically requires at least two years of work experience analyzing development solutions to show costs and benefits.
- Experience coding, testing, and deploying production systems. Typically requires at least two years of work experience testing and deploying production systems.
- Experience establishing and defining architecture and development standards. Typically requires at least two years of work experience establishing and defining architecture and development standards.
Below is preferred experience. It is not required for the position but applicants with this experience may receive consideration over other applicants.
- Experience in Microsoft DevOps. Typically gained by at least 3 years of related experience working with Microsoft DevOps, including creating and managing builds, releases, and pipelines.
- Experience in Business Requirement and Design Document Writing. Typically gained by at least 3 years of related experience writing clear and concise business requirements and design documents that effectively communicate technical concepts to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Experience in SQL Server. Typically gained by at least 3 years of related experience writing complex queries and stored procedures using SQL Server.
- Experience in Containerization. Typically gained by at least 3 years of related experience in developing websites or applications that target containerization, including working with Docker and Kubernetes.
Learn About a Career with DHW
***PLEASE NOTE: application assistance is not available after the business hours listed below, on the weekends, or on holidays and you must apply before 4:59 pm on the closing date. When applying, use CHROME as your browser to avoid complications.
If you have questions, please contact us at:
Email is the quickest way to get an answer to your questions.
(answered Monday through Friday during business hours MST)
EMAIL: [email protected]
PHONE: (208) 334-0681
The State of Idaho is committed to providing equal employment opportunities and prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, political affiliation or belief, sex, national origin, genetics, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws.
The State of Idaho is committed to access and reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities, auxiliary aids and services are available upon request. If you require an accommodation at any step in our recruitment process, you are encouraged to contact (208) 334-2263 (TTY/TTD: 711), or email [email protected].
Preference may be given to veterans who qualify under state and federal laws and regulations.