Posting Begin Date: 2024/01/23
Posting End Date: 2024/02/29
Category: IT And Computers
Work Type: Full Time
Location: Meridian, ID, United States
Minimum Salary: 33.96
Maximum Salary: 33.96
Pay Rate Type: Hourly
Applications will be accepted through 4:59 PM MST on the posting end date.
We are a dedicated team at the Idaho State Police IT Department, committed to delivering advanced technology and network services. Our goal is to bolster the critical law enforcement and public safety missions throughout Idaho. We invite you to be a part of this impactful journey.
PLEASE NOTE: The successful applicant will be required to complete a background investigation, polygraph examination and comply with our drug policy. Please review the ISP Drug Policy and ISP Grooming and Appearance Standards.
Currently, we have an opening for an IT Network Engineer III in our Meridian, Idaho office. This role is central to the development and maintenance of our networking infrastructure. Responsibilities include managing, installing, and maintaining our LAN, WAN, and SD-WAN networks, along with upgrading and configuring network systems.
The ideal candidate should possess extensive knowledge and experience in advanced networking technologies. Your skills will be vital for the seamless and efficient operation of our network systems, crucial for our 24/7/365 operations. You will play a significant role in enhancing our network capabilities, directly contributing to the mission of the Idaho State Police.
• Strong knowledge of and hands-on experience with advanced networking technologies, including the design and management of complex LAN, WAN, and SD-WAN systems.
• Demonstrated ability to configure, optimize, and troubleshoot a variety of network devices, including routers, switches, and other related equipment.
• Proven experience in effectively managing and troubleshooting large-scale wireless network deployments.
• Expertise in the planning, implementation, and maintenance of network infrastructure to ensure high availability, scalability, and security.
• Familiarity with network security principles and practices, including experience in managing firewalls and implementing secure network protocols.
• Experience in network capacity planning, performance tuning, and network optimization techniques.
• Knowledge of network monitoring and diagnostic tools, with the ability to analyze and report on network health and performance.
• Experience with cloud-based network management solutions and technologies.
• Understanding of network protocols such as TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, VPN, and VLANs, and their application in a large enterprise environment.
• Ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams and effectively communicate technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders.
The State of Idaho offers a robust total compensation package, including medical, vision, and dental insurance; PERSI retirement benefits; paid sick, vacation, and parental leave; and 11 paid holidays per year. For additional information related to benefits and/or State programs, please visit https://dhr.idaho.gov/StateEmployees/Benefits.html.*
The State of Idaho is committed to providing equal employment opportunities and prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, political affiliation or belief, sex, national origin, genetics, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws.
The State of Idaho is committed to access and reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities, auxiliary aids and services are available upon request. If you require an accommodation at any step in our recruitment process, you are encouraged to contact (208) 334-2263 (TTY/TTD: 711), or email [email protected].
Preference may be given to veterans who qualify under state and federal laws and regulations.